Results of Tests: Press 4 option
- Please call between 11:00am to 12:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- For reasons of confidentiality we only give results to the patient concerned or authorised person (i.e. written mandate of consent from the patient or verbal consent from the patient on the phone)
- Please allow at least five days before contacting the Practice concerning any tests unless otherwise instructed by the Doctor, or Nurse
- For test results from tests requested and carried out by a hospital doctor please allow up to 2 weeks. The result may not be given out by the practice in this instance you would need to contact the department at the hospital. This is for providing treatment; the surgery will receive the result at a later date after your treatment.
- X-ray and scan results do take longer to process and come back and this does depend on how busy the department is that it is being processed by. Some x-ray and scan results may be requested by the doctor/consultant at the hospital which means the result would go back to them.
- Swab results do vary in the amount of time they take to come back due the process of the test. Swabs taken to grow cultures can take longer than other tests to come back as a certain amount of time is required for the lab to process this type of test. This can take up to 4 weeks maybe even be longer in some cases.
- Smear tests currently we have been advised by the lab are 31 calendar days (4 weeks and 3 days) for the tests to be processed. This type of result will be sent out by letter from Practitioner Services to patients.